You probably do not want to hear about it anymore. Storytelling is now being blasted
everywhere. There is nothing new to write about storytelling, but it is still an
important topic and many do not yet use the many benefits of storytelling in their
marketing effectively enough.
What does storytelling mean?
First, storytelling is used in marketing when a solution is presented to the problem.
As with other marketing activities, we want to awaken our customers’ needs and
wishes with our product. But the most important thing is to solve the customer’s
The customer does not yet know your service or product, so he does not necessarily
know that his problem can be solved with your product.
That’s why we can tell stories of which customers recognize the situation, the
problem and their needs. The customer can identify with the story and create a
psychological and emotional bond between the client and the story.
Why is storytelling suitable for our company?
– Good stories stay in people’s minds better. The viewer remembers the story longer
and the idea is easier to understand.
– By means of audiovisual marketing you will reach more people, depending on what
type of learner is in question.
– A good story awakens emotions. People are ready to share them.
– Complex facts can be presented easily and intelligibly.
– You can meet your clients as an equal.
Storytelling: More success with a story
Six golden rules to tell a successful story:
1. Great script
Great script is a base for a successful video.
2. Keep it real
If you’re presenting characters in a business suit, but most of your customers are
housewives, it’s not very authentic. Use characters that your audience can easily
3. Share your market value
Let your customers feel, hear, see and experience your market value. Is it speed,
freshness, luxury, adventures, funness, quality, playfulness … ?build your values in the
story with its overall appearance.
4. Make the story come alive
Try to use as many senses as possible: use descriptive language, lively and
pleasant speaker, and powerful emotions. And change the characters, places, tools,
5. Speak concretely about the customer’s problem
Catch the customer’s’ attention by providing a solution to their problem. The target
group should be interested immediately in the beginning of the story? and they must be
shown simply explained, how to resolve their problem.
The story cannot be very good, if it?s unclear for the client, who the sender of the message is
and how to contact them. This is why you must ask for the client to act. Direct the client to
your website or store, offer them discounts, freebies or other marketing material.
How to build the story
Like all the stories, stories in the video are often built with the same formula.
– The story always has one or more main characters.
– In the beginning of the story, the main character explains what the problem or need
– Throughout the story, the main character meets friends who help him overcome the
difficulties and enemies.
– At the end of the story there is always a happy ending: The customer’s problem is
resolved and he is happy.
– Dramaturgy is important. Write a rising tension moment into the story.